In Taiwan , there is a variety of typical foods, which you can only see them in Taiwan . But in my opinion, sweet potatoes and
steamed rice balls can best represent Taiwanese culture, the economic development process and the spirit of Taiwanese.
In the early time of Taiwan , people were poor. Most of them can only eat sweet potatoes for meals. But they never complained about it. They just kept working hard for a brighter tomorrow. Finally, as you can see, the Taiwanese become rich. They sell steamed rice balls with expensive stuffing inside, such as scallops(干貝), abalone(鮑魚), etc. This shows that because of the effort of our ancestors, we can live a better life.
These Taiwanese typical foods are not only because they are delicious but also because they tell our history.
The Taiwanese become rich??
回覆刪除Are we really rich?
Well, much better than we used to be~
回覆刪除Kind of touching.
回覆刪除This was the personality of older Taiwanese.
They work and work and never complain.
But now younger Taiwanese complain a lot.
(sigh~~~)
I hope our ancestors' spirits can be passed down to our offsprings. Also, students like us having better education, should work harder for Taiwan.
回覆刪除Taiwanese food can tell us history? Great! Eat more food and get better grades on history.
回覆刪除Oh, it's a quite sad story. Maybe people get rich, but most people won't feel satisfied. That is very sad for people who think like that.
回覆刪除Well, you guys are all right, and I hope this kind of great spirit won't disappear, but recently, I 've found it fading. How sad!!!
回覆刪除I don't reallylike potaroes.
回覆刪除But that is very traditional dish in Taiwan
I think your story is quite interesting.I don't really like sweet potatoes,but I can accept it.
回覆刪除