2014年11月29日 星期六

A Trip To the National Museum of Natural Science


    After an exhausting semester, I was tired of almost everything about academic things.  I told my mom that I barely have any motivation to start another brain-killing semester.  So we decided to go on a trip in order to find my motivation back.  After a long discussion, we decided to go to the National Museum of Natural Science in Taichung.
     First of all, I have to say that this was truly a special trip.  Why was it so special?  That's because my mom came along with me.  She had never gone on a trip with me since I was seven.  Secondly, going to Taichung was one of my dream because many people told me that the place was wonderful.  And thirdly, I had done some research before going there.  By doing this, I could make sure that I wouldn’t miss any important exhibitions.  Lastly, the curator was my cousin’s professor, and the department that he taught was one of my dreaming department, too, so I would pretty much like to visit the museum he runs. Therefore, we booked a hotel near the museum for two nights. 
     There was still a long hallway before entering the museum’s gate.  The hallway was pretty interesting.  At the beginning, it said ‘length of three bricks equals one point eight millions of the earth history.’  There are ancient creatures’ pictures on the floor for us to realize what era were we standing on.  We walked through the history of the earth, then finally to the gate.   Inside the museum was awesome!!!  There are four galleries, the Life Science, the Human Cultures, the Global Environment, and the Science Center gallery.  For me, the most attractive one was the Life Science gallery.  From the age of dinosaurs to the age of human beings could be seen there.  It was really a wonderful place to discover the mysteries of lives, and it was quite interesting to see some ancient creature’s models, like giant millipedes, large cockroaches, enormous dragonflies……etc.  Since it’s soooo fascinating to me, I visited the gallery twice.  Other galleries are just as awesome.
    Watching some movies was also available there.  The theaters there were all unique and in a low price(under $100).  The most impressive one was the IMAX(space)theater.  The ceiling was the screen, but in a round radian.  The thrater displayed the starry night sky that night.  The commentator would tell you some basic knowledge about those star signs.  
     On the second day, we went to the largest botanical garden in Taiwan.  Its landmark was an enormous butterfly, which was said to be the wild species in Taiwan.  Inside the greenhouse, there were some tropical plants and surprisingly, some fish species from Amazon river or other river from Mexico, and also, some poison dart frogs, piranhas……, just to name a few.
    After the trip, I started to realize why I should study.  Without the knowledge, I wouldn’t have understand the whole exhibition.  Studying is not only for earning more money in the future, but also for a intellectual, brilliant, and great journal.  For me, the second reason is much easier for me to understand the purpose of studying. 


沒有留言:

張貼留言